Do you think you can do this? Let's consider some of the attributes of a writer of articles from the heart.
1) Do you have strong ideas about the world, ideas about how to make things better? Are you anxious to express your opinions in whatever venue you find yourself?
2) Is giving considered advice easy for you? Are people always coming to you with their problems? When they do, does it feel like your mind moves into a special place where ideas and answers seem to flow freely?
3) Are you able to see the big picture? In other words, you recognize the negative, but you also see the upside possible if you don't allow yourself to drown in the negativity. However, you are not blindly optimistic; you are a blend of emotion and logic, making informed choices.
4) Are you willing to share individual experiences to create a bond with your reader? This can be difficult if your ego tells you that you'll be mocked or discounted. Only the individual circumstances differ from one person to another while the emotions link us all. The lessons to be learned from these experiences are common. If you share your journey, the choices you made along the way, and the results, you are offering your unique perspective to the reader, but the commonality will resonate.
There are a variety of categories for which you can write articles from your heart.
• Dying to tell others HOW TO do something? It can range from How To Write A Resume to How To Plant A Perennial Garden.
• In today's world with the political arena attempting to manipulate people's lives, there are a myriad of CONTROVERSIAL topics upon which you can offer your heartfelt thoughts.
• Are you full of stories passed down from one generation to the next? Has your own life been chocked full of ADVENTURE? Ready to spin your tale?
• Do you ever look at the world around you as you go about your day and OBSERVE things that are being taken for granted? Can you express the beauty or the sadness or the simplicity that defines them?
• Do you have wistful memories of another time? Are they still vivid in your mind? Share your NOSTALGIA, giving the stories size, shape, and color so that others can live there for a while with you.
• HUMOR is appreciated by everyone at some point. It is rare to find someone who can find humor in the simplest moments. Someone I have appreciated since meeting her on Facebook is Vickie DeCoster. The best humor isn't forced.
• The articles that have grown out of my passion are INSPIRATIONAL. Mine are in the field of Spiritual Psychology, but inspiration can cover many areas. These are about being able to motivate others, especially in a field about which you are enthusiastic.
Interested in writing articles from the heart? Give it a shot. It may be what stokes your passion.